Join Our Team!
San Carlos Children’s Theater is always on the lookout for talented people who share our passion for the performing arts and educating children.
Vocal Director for Summer Camps
San Carlos Children’s Theater, based in San Carlos and serving youth of the mid-peninsula, is seeking a vocal director.
Work together with choreographer or on your own to vocal direct summer camp vocal sessions and mini performance.
Vocal director is responsible for:
- working with the choreographer to select music
- teaching and rehearsing music to performance standards
- preparing all appropriate materials (such as rehearsal CDs and sheet music)
- Co-manage and supervise camp when not teaching vocal sessions
- reliable transportation a must
- minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working with youth, teaching vocals
This is a paid position.
Musical Theater Camp Description
Discover the Thrill of Singing, Dancing & Acting on Stage!
It’s time to burst out in song and dance! During this high-energy Musical Theater Camp, young Broadway dreamers learn to work together as an ensemble and use their voices, bodies and imaginations to express themselves on stage. Campers are introduced to basic theater terminology and techniques as they work with a professional choreographer, vocal coach and director. Each day is packed with fun theater games and activities. All campers should come dressed to move and be prepared to have a blast! Each Friday ends with a short presentation for friends and family during the last hour of camp. Students are requested to bring snack/lunch each day.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Drama Teacher for Ages 6-13
San Carlos Children’s Theater is seeking well qualified instructors to teach theater arts to children ages 6 to 13. Time: One to three afternoons a week, 1.5-2 hours a day for after-school outreach programs in the San Carlos/Redwood City/Belmont area.
- Candidate must have at least 3-5 years experience directing, teaching, or managing children in a classroom or group theatrical environment. This is a must.
- Familiarity with teaching theater curriculum appropriate for a variety of youth age, skill, and experience levels is a must.
- Excellent classroom management skills are a must.
- Experience as a performer or theatrical director is a plus, but not required.
- Degree in theater arts is a plus, but not required.
- Strong communication skills necessary.
- Reliable transportation is a must.
- Individual must possess a sense of play and have a caring nature.
- A background in music is beneficial, but not required.
Key duties include:
Creating and implementing lesson plans.
This is a paid, part-time position.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to Donna Avanzino, Executive Operations Director at email@example.com.
Hiring Choreographer for San Carlos Children’s Theater
San Carlos Children’s Theater, based in San Carlos and serving youth of the mid-peninsula, is seeking a choreographer.
Work together with vocal director to teach choreography in ShowStoppers II. ShowStoppers II includes aspiring musical theater students ranging in age from 10-14. Rehearsals are held on Sundays for approximately 13 weeks between January and May. ShowStoppers perform prior to San Carlos Children’s Theater productions and at special events – approximately 5-6 performances per session. Previous works and sample repertoire include songs and dances from Hairspray, Into the Woods, Matilda, and others.
Choreographer is responsible for:
- working with the vocal director to select music
- teaching and rehearsing dance to performance standards
- together with the vocal director, supervising and directing performances
- depending on the choreographers level of interest and ability, light costuming may also be involved
- regularly communicate updates and reminders to families.
- reliable transportation a must
- minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working with youth, teaching dance
BROADWAY SHOWSTOPPERS II
If your child loves show tunes, this is the perfect class! Featuring songs from popular Broadway musicals, this exciting performance-based class encourages students to take risks and get creative as they explore the foundations of music and movement on stage. Students work as an ensemble to prepare an electrifying song-and-dance revue that they’ll perform at a variety of community venues. Performances: 3/12 & 3/19 at Fearsome Pirate Frank show, 4/2 Ralston’s Peter Pan show, 4/30 The Elms, 5/14 performance for family and friends of performers, 5/21 Hometown Days. Performance call time is usually 11:00 for 12:30 performance, concluding at 1:00 PM.
Sundays 5:00-7:00 pm 2/5-5/21 No class 2/19, 4/9, 4/16
- Paid position
Please submit resume and letter of interest to Donna Avanzino, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org