Join Our Team!
San Carlos Children’s Theater is always on the lookout for talented people who share our passion for the performing arts and educating children.
Assistant Director for The Princess Who Had No Name
Assistant Director will:
- assist in leading the actors through warm-ups for rehearsals, tech and shows.
- take charge of the prompt script.
- detail all the blocking, light, and sound cues for the show, and keep it in one complete script. That includes being on book for line calls and line notes when actors are off book.
- work with actors individually or in a group on character work, line readings, memorization and blocking and character biographies.
- keep the focus on job and goals for rehearsal and the show.
- set an example by being at rehearsal and shows before the actors arrive and being one of the last to leave at the end of rehearsals.
- attend all production meetings.
- will check all actors in.
- be in charge of running all brush up rehearsals for one or double casts.
- fill in as needed in any way the show may call for; for example jumping in backstage, as stage manager, on stage, calling show, in the house, on the tech side, the green room, with make-up and hair, etc. The final decisions will be made by the Director, which may vary from show to show.
- give notes to actors during tech week and during the show run if necessary.
Assistant Director may take a scene or part of a scene and create the blocking if experienced in this area.
Sundays, September 17-October 29, 1:00-5:00 pm
Wednesdays, September 20-November 1, 5:30-7:30 pm
Wednesday, November 15, 5:30-8:00 pm
November 4 & 5, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
November 6-9, 5:00-9:00 pm
November 10, 11, 12 & 17, 18, 19
Fridays at 7:00 pm
Saturdays at 3:00 pm
Sundays at 1:00 pm
with show call starting 1.5 hours prior to performances.
Reliable transportation a must.
Please submit letter of interest, resume and conflict calendar to Donna Avanzino, Executive Director at email@example.com.
Drama Teacher for Ages 6-13
San Carlos Children’s Theater is seeking well qualified instructors to teach theater arts to children ages 6 to 13. Time: One to three afternoons a week, 1.5-2 hours a day for after-school outreach programs in the San Carlos/Redwood City/Belmont area.
- Candidate must have at least 3-5 years experience directing, teaching, or managing children in a classroom or group theatrical environment. This is a must.
- Familiarity with teaching theater curriculum appropriate for a variety of youth age, skill, and experience levels is a must.
- Excellent classroom management skills are a must.
- Experience as a performer or theatrical director is a plus, but not required.
- Degree in theater arts is a plus, but not required.
- Strong communication skills necessary.
- Reliable transportation is a must.
- Individual must possess a sense of play and have a caring nature.
- A background in music is beneficial, but not required.
Key duties include:
Creating and implementing lesson plans.
This is a paid, part-time position.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to Donna Avanzino, Executive Operations Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.