Join Our Team!
San Carlos Children’s Theater is always on the lookout for talented people who share our passion for the performing arts and educating children.
Drama Teacher for Ages 6-13
San Carlos Children’s Theater is seeking well qualified instructors to teach theater arts to children ages 6 to 13. Time: One to three afternoons a week, 1.5-2 hours a day for after-school outreach programs in the San Carlos/Redwood City/Belmont area.
- Candidate must have at least 3-5 years experience directing, teaching, or managing children in a classroom or group theatrical environment. This is a must.
- Familiarity with teaching theater curriculum appropriate for a variety of youth age, skill, and experience levels is a must.
- Excellent classroom management skills are a must.
- Experience as a performer or theatrical director is a plus, but not required.
- Degree in theater arts is a plus, but not required.
- Strong communication skills necessary.
- Reliable transportation is a must.
- Individual must possess a sense of play and have a caring nature.
- A background in music is beneficial, but not required.
Key duties include:
Creating and implementing lesson plans.
This is a paid, part-time position.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to Donna Avanzino, Executive Operations Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.