SCCT Outstanding Achievement College Scholarship
In order to acknowledge the hard work and commitment to excellence of its students, San Carlos Children’s Theater will award two $250 scholarships to graduating high school seniors who have demonstrated strong leadership skills, high academic standards, and a commitment to community service and the arts. Applications due June 1, 2018. See below for requirements and application link.
Click for Application: College Scholarship Application 2018
The San Carlos Children’s Theater Outstanding Achievement College Scholarship is open to:
1) All graduating high school seniors who are planning to enroll full time in an accredited community college, four-year college or university in fall 2018 or winter/spring 2019.
2) Students who have demonstrated a commitment and allegiance to SCCT during some period while in grades 8-12 by either participating in two or more SCCT classes or productions (performer, tech crew, jr. asst. dir., dance asst. makeup volunteer, sets volunteer, etc.), working in an SCCT class/camp program, or serving as a Youth Advisory Board member or other SCCT volunteer.
3) Students who have displayed positive character and leadership skills while working on both SCCT projects and service projects in the community at large.
4) Students who can provide proof of college acceptance/enrollment.
5) Students who submit the required application form and brief written statement by the June 1, 2018 deadline.
Applicants may reside in any city.
Applicants do not need to study Theater or Performing Arts in college.
1) All decisions are determined by San Carlos Children’s Theater College Scholarship Committee.
2) Financial need is not a requirement.
3) Scholarships may be used at the university, college, or community college of the student’s choice.
4) A scholarship check will be given directly to the scholarship recipients no later than August 15, 2018 following high school graduation.